In recognition of its legal and moral obligations, the Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council hereby commits itself to a policy of non-discrimination as follows:
1. The Cotton Council shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity applies to such employment practices as hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, job assignments, accessibility, working conditions and special duty details.
2. All Cotton Council management personnel shall actively support recruitment and career development programs to ensure equitable representation of minorities, females, seniors, LGBT and individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans in all job categories and pay grades.
3. The Cotton Council shall not tolerate discrimination in the agency as it creates an intimidating, degenerating, hostile and offensive working environment. Each employee has an affirmative duty to maintain a workplace free of harassment, intimidation, discrimination. The Cotton Council prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment or participates in an investigation of such reports.
4. The Department will post the Non-Discrimination Policy throughout departmental facilities.
5. All written bid announcements, request for proposals, employment announcements, requests for applications, program brochures, literature and general solicitations shall include the phrase:
“AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AGENCY”
The Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council is committed to ensuring that all its employees can work in an environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
As Director of the Cotton Council, I am committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. To ensure the dissemination and implementation of the 2016 Equal Opportunity Plan throughout all levels of the Department, Michelle Whitney shall serve as the Equal Opportunity Administrator for the Cotton Council. She may be reached at phone number 602-438-0059 x 17 or by email at email@example.com
This policy is accessible to employees at www.azcotton.org
and is posted on the bulletin board in the main hallway at the Phoenix office located at 3721 E Wier ave. Phoenix, AZ 85040.
Leighton Liesner, Director